In handling personal information on the Nagasaki University official website, Nagasaki University will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, and will strive to protect personal information based on the following policies, together with the Nagasaki University Personal Information Protection Regulations (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulations”) and the Nagasaki University Personal Information Management Regulations.
Purpose of use of personal information
The purpose of Nagasaki University’s use of personal information conforms to the content of Article 1 (Purpose), Paragraphs 1 and 2 of the Nagasaki University Personal Information Protection Regulations.
Acquisition and retention of personal information
- Nagasaki University will acquire personal information by lawful and fair means.
- Nagasaki University will not retain personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use, unless it is necessary for the performance of the University’s business, and the purpose of use is specified to the greatest extent possible.
- When personal information is obtained, the purpose of use of the information to be obtained and the administrator of the information obtained will be indicated.
Use of Personal Information
- Except as required by law, Nagasaki University will not use personal information for purposes other than those indicated at the time of acquisition, nor will it provide personal information to third parties.
- Nagasaki University will not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the individual, except as provided by law.
- In the event that Nagasaki University provides personal information to a third party or entrusts a third party with the handling of personal information, Nagasaki University will, in accordance with laws and regulations, conduct a rigorous investigation of the third party with respect to the security of the personal information and the ability to manage the personal information, and will properly supervise the third party in handling the personal information.
Management of Personal Information
Nagasaki University will take appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses, etc. in order to maintain the accuracy of personal information in its possession and to prevent its loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc.
Disclosure, correction, and suspension of use of personal information
Nagasaki University confirms that the users themselves have the right to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of their own personal information, and will promptly respond to such requests in accordance with the “Regulations”.
Compliance with and review of laws and regulations
Nagasaki University will comply with laws, regulations, and other standards related to the protection of personal information, and will continuously review and improve its measures for the handling of personal information.
Use of Google Analytics Service
This site uses Google Analytics to track usage and improve site usability. Google Analytics uses a mechanism called a cookie to collect data on access status. This data does not contain any information that can be used to identify individual users of the site.